(Duluth, MN) — May 13th, 2022 — Celebrate all things train at the Lake Superior Railroad Museum on National Train Day! 153 years ago they struck the golden spike to complete the Transcontinental Railroad and connect the east and west of the United States. At the time it was one of the biggest engineering achievements in the world! To celebrate the Lake Superior Railroad Museum is hosting some special events, all included in your museum admission! $12 for adults, $6 for kids (1/2 price with a train ride) and free for members!
National Train Day is May 14th, 2022. The Lake Superior Railroad Museum is open daily from 10am to 5pm. Come to the museum on May 14th for extra fun to celebrate National Train Day.
- Model Train Swap Meet – with items at several tables in the museum
- Recently renovated outdoor “Locomotive Gallery” open for viewing
- Christening and open house for the SkyView Domecar (it got some new updates over the winter!)
- Operation Lifesaver Table with fun swag for everyone
- Special tours of the Car Missabe
- Live family friendly music from Kevin Buck
- Train excursions available at 1pm and 3pm on the North Shore Scenic Railroad
Learn more about it on the events tab.