Nine students from Powersports, Mechanical Drafting, Carpentry, and Machine Tool competed in the SkillsUSA National Competition in Atlanta, GA. All nine finished Top 10 in their events, with four earning medals.
(Alexandria MN) — July 2023 — All nine Alexandria Technical & Community College competitors placed in the top 10 in their respective SkillsUSA events, and received Skill Point Certificates based on industry standards. Competitors must attain a high level of quality to earn these certificates. Minnesota State schools took home 12 medals, with Alexandria College students earning four of them.
Josh Isaacson (Carpentry) served as the State SkillsUSA President Delegate, and Marine, Motorcycle, & Powersports Technician instructor and SkillsUSA advisor Mark Lindemann was honored for serving on the National Education Team for the Motorcycle Service Technology contest for 25 years.
- Luke Johnson: 2nd Place, Power Equipment Technology
- Aaron Golden, 2nd Place, Motorcycle Service Technology
- Billy Bearson, 2nd Place, Technical Drafting
- Luke Laing, 3rd Place, Cabinet Making
- Axel Anderson, 4th Place, CNC 3 Milling
- Kurt Haugen, 4th Place, CNC 2 Turning
- Tia Bomstad, 5th Place, Technical Drafting (High School)
- Jacob Mueller, 9th Place, Carpentry
- Kyle Serich, 10th Place, CNC Programmer